Monday, January 2, 2012

The First on the Last

So here goes nothing....The first post (hopefully of many) on the last day of Christmas vacation.

It's bittersweet really. For as much as I love Christmas break, I always know it has to end. The food, the family time, the sleeping in (ah, especially the sleeping in).  It feels like a shame to spend the last day counting down the hours until I have to go back to work...don't get me wrong, I LOVE my job, but nothing beats spending time with family. So although this is the last day of Christmas break, and I'll return to work tomorrow, I'm going to try to continue on with something I started during vacation. Call it a New Year's resolution of sorts.

I've never been very good at resolutions, the past few years I haven't even bothered to make one. Sometimes I will make them, but simultaneously refer to them as "Lies of *insert new year here*" This year I've made two, one more in jest and one more serious:

1) Get the WiiFit to stop calling me fat.
  • I take it too seriously since it's designed to make you use it...but it's working. I think the WiiFit goal said lose five pounds in a months, so maybe that's attainable?
2) Start and keep up with a blog.
  • I've never kept a diary, and I always find myself wishing I had. I think I'll be more conscientious about it if there's feedback and other people keeping me accountable.
  • I also expect my Creative Writing students to blog once a week, so I feel it's only right that I hold myself to the same expectation. It may not be once a week, but it's a goal.

Do these seem attainable to you? Do you have any resolutions you're trying to keep this year? Any you're planning on not keeping this year?
Here's to ends and beginnings, old things and new. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment